Extreme Wi-Fi coverage
With its built-in high power amplifier (of up to 1000mw) and antenna diversity you can enjoy wider wireless coverage throughout your home.
Smart beam forming
Improves coverage by directing bandwidth to your devices as you move around your home. You can stream HD video, surf the web, skype your friends and play online games from wherever you are so you'll always get the best experience.
Not all Wi-Fi bands are the same, but you don't need to worry about that. With Smart Connect Technology, the DIR-879 chooses from the two Wi-Fi bands and automatically connects each device on your network to the best, clearest band available for the best connection every time.
Dual core processor
A dual core processor gives you all the processing power you need to support more devices and apps in your home so you can experience lag free gaming and HD media streaming.
Intelligent QoS tracks the type of network traffic (media streaming, web surfing, online gaming) and decide which application deserves higher priority.
New user interface
Controlling your network by enabling parental controls, blocking unwanted devices, monitoring internet activity and creating Wi-Fi guest networks is easier than ever with our new interface.
11AC Wi-Fi - Up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5GHz).
Gigabit Ethernet Ports - Ensures the best wired online experience for HD streaming and gaming.
Whole-Home Coverage - 11AC technology extends wireless range further than with Wireless N.
High-Powered Antennas - 4 external antennas with high power amplifiers.
Traffic Prioritization - Advanced QoS engine distributes traffic optimally across both wireless bands to guarantee the best performance.
Dual-Band Technology - Decreases wireless interference and congestion, allowing you to connect more devices.
Parental Controls - Create online access schedules and block/allow specific websites and/or devices.
Guest Wi-Fi Network - Enable a public or encrypted wireless guest network.
Secure Wi-Fi Encryption - WPA/WPA2 provides highest level of
Easy To Install - Installation wizard manually walks you through setup
Quick Router Setup (QRS) App - Easy setup app for smartphones & tablets.
WPS Push Button Setup - Quickest method of connecting devices with the push of a button.
Zero Configuration - Once router is setup, other D-Link Zero Configuration devices can easily and instantly connect.
- D-Link DIR-879 AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Router
- General Features:
- AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Performance
- 11AC Wi-Fi - Up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5GHz)
- Extreme Coverage and Range with high power amplifiers
- Latest technology – AC SmartBeam and SmartConnect
- 802.11 a/g/n/ac wireless LAN for a complete range of wireless compatibility
- Gigabit WAN and LAN ports for high-speed wired connections
- Four (4) High-powered External Antennas
- Premium Stylish Design
- IEEE 802.11ac
- Advanced Features:
- Guest Zone
- Multi-language web setup wizard
- Green Ethernet
- DLNA media server support
- Advanced AC SmartBeam
- Dual Active Firewall: Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
- VPN Passthrough (PPTP/L2TP/IPsec)
- Advanced QoS
- Quick VPN - L2TP over IPsec
- Extender Mode
- Mobile App Support:
- QRS Mobile v1.5
- Mobile App Requirements:
- QRS Mobile app requires iOS4.3 or Android 2.3.3, or higher
- Wireless Security:
- WPA & WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN/PBC
- SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)
- NAT (Network Address Translation)
- Four (4) 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN ports
- One (1) 10/100/1000 Gigabit WAN port
- Router/Extender switch
- Power button
- WPS button
- Reset button
- 12V, 2A power
- Power Adapter Specifications:
- Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 0.7A
- Output: 12V, 2.0A
- 3.5 X 9.5 X 7.9-inches (H x W x D)
- D-Link DIR-879 AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Router
- Quick Install Guide
- Power Adapter
- Ethernet cable
- Screw pack
- Model: DIR-879
- UPC: 7 90069 40842 7
- Available power outlet
- An Ethernet-based broadband modem
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 , or Mac OS X (v10.7)
- Ethernet Network Interface
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox v28, Google Chrome v33, or Safari v7
- Cable, DSL or Fiber Optics